addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Vibrant Local Economies Event March 22

Vibrant Local Economies Event March 22

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,368
“Creating and Sustaining Vibrant Local Economies in Maine”

Save the Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:30 AM-4 PM (snow date: March 23, same time/place)

Location: University of Maine at Augusta (Randall Student Resource Center Lounge)

Organizers interested in building vibrant, local economies have arranged a statewide gathering at the University of Maine at Augusta’s Randall Student Resource Center Lounge, with other rooms available for work-groups throughout the day.

Please make a commitment to Maine’s future economy by attending and sharing your skills with others. Together, we can envision and begin building vibrant local economies within which we can all live in dignity, honor and joy.

For more information (more added as event gets closer):

www.mainelocaleconomies.org
Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 630
Sounds enticing Lisa! Any additional information about the event and it's organizers?
Thanks
David L.
user 41803752
Portland, ME
Post #: 16
Count me in !
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,369
Greg, as far as I can tell this has been a broad coalition of grassroots groups that has been working on the organizing for several months...I don't think any one organizer or group is the dominant force here. This won't be your "Maine economists predicts how economy will grow" type of event:) I haven't participated, mostly for lack of time, but I would say the ethos is very consistent with that of our group.
Barbara R.
123bubbles
Oakland, ME
Post #: 73
Here's a copy of the letter I got and it has a web address for updates as they post.
Creating and Sustaining Vibrant Local Economies in Maine”

Save the Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:30 AM-4 PM (snow date: March 23, same time/place)

Location: University of Maine at Augusta (Randall Student Resource Center Lounge)

Organizers interested in building vibrant, local economies have arranged a statewide gathering at the University of Maine at Augusta’s Randall Student Resource Center Lounge, with other rooms available for work-groups throughout the day.

Please make a commitment to Maine’s future economy by attending and sharing your skills with others. Together, we can envision and begin building vibrant local economies within which we can all live in dignity, honor and joy.

For more information (more info added as event gets closer):

www.mainelocaleconomies.org

I like the fact that it is not too far from me for a change!