The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Portland Food Co-Op

Portland Food Co-Op

Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 36
Hey all! Just to let you know , the Food Co-Op is doing a new fundraiser to support our new storefront. Its with the Farmers Almanac Pennies 4 Profit program. We were thinking...Coins for Co-Op! Just bring any pennies you'd like to donate to the co-op at 56 Hampshire street Wednesdays from 630-830 and Thursdays from 530-730, every week until the end of February. There is a bucket and some information waiting for you! We'll try to collect as many pennies as we can in the following four weeks. Then we submit our application the the Almanac stating who we are, why our non-profit cause is so awesome, and how many pennies we raised. They will pick 7 of the most compelling entries and post them online for everybody to vote. The top three will get 50,000 pennies as their prize (really a $500 check). Plus we'll of course have all of the pennies that all of our wonderful supporters and MO's raised.

You may contact me via Facebook or memberdatabase@portlandfoodcoop.org you have pennies you'd like to donate but can't make it to the Co-Op at 56 Hampshire Street. We'll work something out...

This is also a great opportunity to join the co-op....we need to reach our goal of 1400 members to be able to fund renovation and opening of the new store! There will always be someone at the times listed above who can give you information and help you sign up. AND...have a look at the Time & Temp building for the next 6 days.... :-) Thank you so much!
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 37
Also...if you could check out this grant program from Bangor Savings Bank...

https://www.bangor.co...­

Each person gets three unique votes, just fill out Portland Food Co-Op under Cumberland County! (and you can vote for two more of your favorite non-profits)
Jennifer M.
JenMcD
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 49
Great stuff. Thanks for leading/sharing Jesse