The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Houseshare in Appleton on 19 acres

Houseshare in Appleton on 19 acres

Arlene
user 12831116
Union, ME
Post #: 7
Seeking a likeminded housemate to share my off-grid cape home and land in West Appleton (85 miles NE of Portland, 18 miles W of Belfast, 25 miles S of Unity). The house is surrounded by woods but is sited on a couple acres of sunny land suitable for farming. This spring, my vision is to begin converting up to an acre of lawn into an orchard/vegetable garden/food forest. Ideally, would like to find someone interested in gardening together. The available bedroom, located over the attached garage, is large, sunny, well-insulated, and very private. The rest of the house would be shared. The interior of the house was recently updated and is very comfortable with a modern kitchen, high-speed Internet, and good cell phone coverage. Solar electricity, composting toilet, 5 guinea fowl on site. This is a wonderful community with many friendly organic growers and back-to-the-landers nearby. Easy commute to Belfast, Rockland, Camden. Rent would be $400 a month, possibly less for help with projects. Available now.