The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Better than Dodgeball and Fitness Tests

Better than Dodgeball and Fitness Tests

Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 17
Great news! Here's a link to a story in today's Press Herald about one phys. ed. teacher's attempt to address nature-deficit disorder.

http://pressherald.ma...­
Lori P.
LoriPower
Portland, ME
Post #: 8
Yes! Let's get the kids outside!
A former member
Post #: 64
Hi Susannah!
Waldorf Schools are famous for substantial daily recesses outside, rain or shine, dressed in the appropriate gear. But did you know that there's a Danish (Waldorf) daycare right in Copenhagen that is held TOTALLY outside except for when they come inside for their snack? The children help with the chores: feeding the animals, gardening, stacking wood, laundry etc. and of course all the while they play. Young children who nap even sleep in buggies on an outside sleeping porch, covered with layers of warm wool! The incidence of colds is low as a result of being in so much fresh air and the children automatically learn about the cycle of the seasons and nature and doing real work. Pretty cool!

Winnie
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 21
Winnie:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you for sharing that wonderful news! There's hope!!love struck