The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Need to borrow a large pickup or a dump truck

Need to borrow a large pickup or a dump truck

Ted M.
TedMarkow
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 17
I have a lead on some great organic compost in Bangor that I can get for about $50 for a large pickup worth (more if I have a dump truck). The problem is, I no longer have a pickup. Does anyone have one I can use? I'd replace the gas (and then some), and might even have enough compost to share (the larger the truck, the more I can share).

I'm in Brunswick, so I figure between the drive and loading and unloading the compost would take about 6 - 8 hours.

Ted
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 275
I wonder if there's a way to find someone who is already delivering something to Bangor who would be returning this way with an empty truck anyway...use the backhauling capacity since the gas will be consumed whether he/she is empty or full.

How could we find such a person? On the Bangor side, do they have a bucket loader or would it be manual loading?