addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › 6 ways mushrooms can save the world

6 ways mushrooms can save the world

David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 167
Paul Stamets lecture

http://www.ted.com/ta...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,
I listened to this last night. It's a great summary of the book "Mycelium Running." If you want the nuts & bolts of how to incorporate these theorys to your backyard, the book fills in many gaps. You can get the book at http://www.fungi.com/...­
Barb
Dave R.
user 7213602
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
I just found the Ted lectures a couple of days ago and was pleased to find Paul Stamets among the speakers. His 6 ways mushrooms can save the world seem so simplistic and yet implications are so profound. I for on am looking forward to being able put some of his suggestions in to practice.

Dave
francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 20
Paul Stamets lecture

http://www.ted.com/ta...­

I sent this to a friend who teaches high school science near N. Parsonsfield and he called me the next to say he was elated to see this presentation. He said a lot of students asked many questions, and some students who had shown little effort were undoubtedly inspired by what P. Stamets had to say. Thank you for sending this along!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 402
Paul Stamets should win some kind of Nobel-like prize. He speaks for the earth in my opinion.
Lori P.
LoriPower
Portland, ME
Post #: 14
Wow! Mind-blowing!
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 174
If the word hadn't been denuded of its meaning by now I'd say that mushrooms are awesome in the fullest sense of the word.

On a slightly different note, Matt Ryle our neighbor recently went foraging for mushrooms with his mother in northern Minnesota, I believe. He brought us some Sorrels. Believe it or not it was our first experience tasting these ... "ambrosial" is the word that came to mind which I just looked up to be sure. And boy does it fit! -- food of the the gods indeed!

Elaine
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 179
Sorrels? I am aware of plants that are wood sorrel etc.

David
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 180
OK, I know what you meant. Morels. Sometimes I'm not too quick on the uptake in the a.m.

Anyway, you are fortunate. They are hard to find and I haven't seen one in a few years. I was planning on looking today.

David