add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Lyme Disease Presentation at Avena in Rockport

Lyme Disease Presentation at Avena in Rockport

Lisa F.
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 479
It appears that Lyme disease will be an every-more-prevalent issue in our climate future. This is a good session on alternative approaches...

Holistic Approaches to
A special presentation at Avena Botanicals
Taught by Chris Marano, RH (AHG), MA, BS of Clearpath Herbals

Friday July 11th ● 2:00 - 4:30pm● $35

Lyme Disease is here now, an ever present concern during tick season, and there is potential for long-term pain and debility if left untreated. There is a lot of information on the subject ? about the disease itself and its carriers, prevention, short-term and long-term treatment ? and much of it is confusing and even conflicting.

Drawing upon research and personal experience treating Lyme, herbalist Chris Marano will shed some light on the nature of the disease, as well as alternative and herbal protocols that have shown promise for treatment of recent and chronic cases, secondary health concerns, and recovery. A question and answer session will follow his presentation at Avena Botanicals.

Chris Marano, RH (AHG), MA, BS, is a master clinical herbalist with a health-care practice in the Pioneer Valley of Massachusetts. His health care practice and teachings take him throughout the United States, Canada and the British Isles. He is founder of Clearpath School of Herbal Medicine, dedicated to the teaching of holistic health, herbalism, and Earth-based wisdom; and Clearpath Herbals, offering health consultations and high-quality, custom-blended herbal preparations. His experience includes Chinese, Native American and Western therapies. He is a professional member of the American Herbalist Guild (AHG) and Northeast Herbal Association (NEHA), veteran teacher, author, meditation instructor, and has degrees in pre-medicine, Chinese philosophy and science education from Columbia University, a graduate degree from The Herbal Therapeutics School of Botanical Medicine, Zen and Chinese philosophy training from the Institute of Chung-hwa Chinese and Buddhist Culture, and years of training with medicine elders of the Cherokee and Anishnaabe tradition.
Aaron P.
user 6845673
Falmouth, ME
Post #: 44
lyme is some scary stuff, almost all my neighbors have had it and it seems like only a matter of time for me. If anyone is interested in some ideas of where it might have come from i recommend this book
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 232
Oh no, but thanks for the info Aaron! Yet another example of the insecurity caused by HS!

(By the way Portland Stage Company put on a powerful play by that very name a 2 or 3 years ago! It was written by a Maine playwright whose name escapes me. But the actors were also Mainers, people of different ethnic background. Unforgettable...)

Anyway, I was about to say I had two students who suffered long term debilitating effects (their muscles and immune system) from lyme's disease.

I hope whoever goes to this conference will share the info!