The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Hands on Tincture Making Workshop

Hands on Tincture Making Workshop

David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 310
Hands on Tincture Making Workshop with the Northern New England Bioneers

Saturday July 19th in Dave Homa's garden... 271 Fort Hill Road (Route 114), Gorham

Join Eben from the Northern New England Bioneers and learn to make tinctures with Katherine Korniotes who has studied the fundamentals of herbs and plant energies at North Carolina School Of Holistic Herbalism. During the workshop we will be learning about the usage of herbs and extracting their medicinal properties to nurture our bodies through a practice that has been around for centuries. The workshop will be hands on in a beautiful organic garden. We will be collecting the herbs, cutting, straining and applying them. You will walk away from this experience with an already made tincture, a jar with the herb and menstrum that you can tincture at home, and most importantly, the knowledge of how to make your own medicine. You will leave with the tincture that you make! Katherine is planning on using farm fresh Lemon balm, native willow bark, and kava kava. For more information email eben@kindledinme.com

Max number of participants 15

cost of materials $5
A former member
Post #: 97
Ra ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be at my Permaculture Design Course graduation gala! Do you think Katherine could do a repeat in September?

Winnie
David S.
stereoview
Washington, ME
Post #: 216
If you come up next week I'll let you try my reishi and chaga tinctures. Rocket fuel though. Probably 80 proof or better. A mortar and pestal or a blender and some 100 proof vodka and a coffee filter will get you most of the way there.

David
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 485
Winnie - we can run another tincture session in August and/or September. No problem...we have several people than can teach it.
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 64
I'll be at David's Forage & Mushroom Walk that day, but I'm sure up for a tincture session another time.

Blessings, Merry
A former member
Post #: 98
David,
Save some of your reishi and chaga tincutres for a repeat event... (hint hint) I'll be at the last permaculture design course session that day and so won't be able to come.

Winnie