addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Excellent Local Food Storage Wisdom

Excellent Local Food Storage Wisdom

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 642
Thank you to Khimba Lee who put together this article based on many local interviews. This is required reading for any of us doing (or attempting) food storage without refrigeration in this climate.
http://files.meetup.c...­
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 289
Thanks for this very interesting and quite comprehensive article!

Next time there's a meeting at our house I'd like you to see the small pantry in the cellar of our 104 or so old house which has an outside window in it and shelves on the other two sides.

There's also a crawl space under our most lived-in added room. The opening to it is located at the foot of the cellar stairs and it has a small outside window which opens at the edge of the deck. This space might be ideal for a root cellar.

Idea: If you schedule a root cellaring meeting, Lisa, why not hold it at our house?

Elaine
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 646
Great idea, Elaine~!
Merry H.
Merrymaker
Portland, ME
Post #: 58
Great article, Lisa. Thank you. Much of this belongs in my book. She interviewed many of the same people I did. Is Khimba Lee in our group or how would I contact her for permission?
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 661
khimbalee (at) yahoo (dot) com