addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Penelope
user 5846522
Portland, ME
Post #: 117
to improve spacing and the need to thin seedlings has anyone made their own seed tape?

i have seen seed tape popping up in seed catalogs and i just come across information relating to making your own seed tape basically by using long strips of papertowel and mixture of cornstarch.
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 294
Without knowing the name I tried soaking seeds and placing them on paper toweling then tearing off strips to place in the cold frame -- in autumn of 2007. But I prefer the "Dutch" method described by Eliot Coleman in 4 Season Harvest which is what I did last year: - punch a hold with my finger in even rows (so the seedlings will be cut out like brownies to transplant, and put 3 or 4 seeds per hole.