addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › SAFE HAVEN IN A POWER OUTAGE OR OTHER EMERGENCY

Merry H.
Portland, ME
Post #: 63
Zengeos generously offered space at his house to Permaculture Meetup friends as soon as he got his power back. Way to go, Zengeos! This is permaculture community in action. I want to piggyback on his idea for future emergencies...

IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA ROOM/BED/SPACE available in an emergency and would welcome friends from the meetup, please contact me with the details and how to contact you. I will keep a list and share it with Lisa. People could contact me or her if the need arose and we would help them figure out who was closest and the best fit. That way you don't have to post your contact info here for everyone to see unless you choose to.

IF YOU NEED AN EXTRA ROOM/BED/SPACE in an emergency, please contact me and we'll find you friendly accomodations.

mainelyorganic (at) yahoo (dot) com 522-2606 Sabattus (next turnpike exit north of Lewiston)

Blessings, Merry
Ted M.
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 143
This is a great idea, Merry. I will follow suit with folks in the Brunswick area. As a matter of fact, I will be working in a resource-sharing meetup in the near future to build a network of resources we can share with each other, including our homes.
Lisa F.
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 669
great idea, merry. thanks for organizing this!
A former member
Post #: 224
Our power was out for 3 days and I have 13 four week old puppies. shock