add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › April 1st - Save the Date for Grow Your Own Organic Garden

April 1st - Save the Date for Grow Your Own Organic Garden

Lisa F.
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 674
For those of you getting started with growing food, MOFGA is going to be offering their 3-hour starter workshop on organic gardening through about *30* Adult Education programs around the state!!! Most of the Adult Ed programs send out their schedule booklets right after Christmas I think.

Anway, it's not even on the MOFGA site yet but I wanted to alert you to the Portland-area locations for these:

Cape Elizabeth, Gorham, Bar Mills, Westbrook, Windham

Even though oil is [temporarily] cheaper, the economic situation contintues to make "food insecurity" (another word for hunger) an important rationale for a veg garden in every yard.