Manchester Social Walkers Message Board › Greater Manchester Foraging Walks

Greater Manchester Foraging Walks

Keith
user 97223162
Hulme, GB
Dear "foraging friends" ,
I just wanted to introduce myself as the new foraging group organiser having just taken over the role from its founder, Josh, who had to step down due to increased work commitments.
It seems to me that a lot of our foraging members are reliant on public transport yet also live within easy reach of  parks, brownfield sites, woodlands and canal banks , for example, where there are plenty of foraging opportunities and can easily be reached by public transport.  With this in mind, I'm hoping to organise more foraging walks which will be more easily accessible to all members of the group via train, trams and buses etc.  - though would also actively encourage other members to suggest and organise forages in other suitable places around the Northwest too. It would also be great to hear members ideas and suggestions for the direction of the group generally and also to hear from any other members who would like to join me as an organiser within the group.
As we are now getting into the blackberry, plum and apple season, I've organised a foraging walk to take place on Saturday 7th September - along the fallowfield loop bike path (which is an old railway embankment) for some soft fruit picking whilst also doing a bit of reccie for the apple trees which we can then revisit later in the autumn (though some may be ripe for picking already)  . The walk begins at the St Werburgh's Road Metrolink station in Chorlton, Manchester at 12. 30 on Saturday 7th September If you would like to know more about this walk and to RSVP your attendance then please click on this link:  http://www.meetup.com...­

I look forward to foraging with some of you soon and in sharing in some of nature's rich bounty together!

Keith