addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Manchester Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › Films you want to see

Films you want to see

A former member
Post #: 3
Anyway, I've been looking at 2013's releases and there are some absolute corkers. Out of the 20 biggest films of next year I think I want to watch 15 of them...

Ender's Game, Iron Man, Thor, Star Trek, Hobbit 1 & 2, Red 2, then Jurassic Park and ID4 back in theatres in 3D.

Also...

JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 7,152
Printworks has one of the few reel (and, in my view real) IMAX's in the country. Most IMAX screens are digital IMAX, which is a bit of a different deal.

It means that what you see onscreen at Printworks is REALLY good, but as IMAX takes off there are more and more films coming out that are digital-only because distributors don't want to pay the expense of making a full IMAX reel. It's why they're still showing Dark Knight Rises when other IMAXs are onto Total Recall.

Raiders is one of those digital-only deals, so it didn't get into Printworks. I believe the plan is to give Printworks the option to play both reel and digital IMAX product in the near future (if its not in already), so you'll be able to see all IMAX films at Printworks.

Ah, that's very informative. Thanks for the reply.
Chris
user 30286842
Manchester, GB
Post #: 2
Maybe the new Hitchcock one. Not too sure what Alma Reville/Hitchcock would have made of Helen Mirren playing her, though. It is miscasting-and-a-half.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 7,960
Has anyone seen the Peter Bogdanivich film Targets? I think I saw this on BBC2s Moviedrome many years ago and I don't think it's been on TV since. I had a look for it to buy but it seems to cost a fortune. Basically, ageing horror actor Byron Orlok (Boris Karloff) is lured out of retirement to a drive-in screening of his work, while at the same time, and completely separately, a lone gunman starts picking people off. A great film and worth a watch if you can get hold of it.

Chris
user 30286842
Manchester, GB
Post #: 16
Hadn't heard of that one. Only Bogdanovich's second film, a few years prior to The Last Picture Show. It doesn't appear to be on YouTube. Just clips there. Still want to see The Cat's Meow from a few years back.
Gabrielle
user 118271942
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1
I want to see Rush yet no time. :[
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 8,174
There's a great sounding film called Orchestra of Exiles, but it's only on at The Cornerhouse for one showing and doesn't seem to be on anywhere else.

http://www.cornerhous...­
Paula
user 74311522
Bamber Bridge, GB
Post #: 3
12 Years a slave looks good?!?!
http://www.cornerhous...­
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 8,345
Wolf of Wall Street too?