The Manchester Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › Email settings on Meetup

Email settings on Meetup

Mark
Hi all,

There have been one or two spam emails coming to members through the meetup site recently so I thought I'd give a quick overview of the options available to you for controlling who can contact you and what to do if you receive unwanted emails.

Any email you receive through meetup from another member has a link at the bottom to block him/her from contacting you again. You also have the option to report why you are blocking the member, such as if the email was spam. Meetup take this seriously, and if a number of people report a user account for sending spam it will be removed. An account I reported yesterday has already been deleted.

You can also restrict what notifications you receive, and who is allowed to contact you. Access these setting from the links at the top-right of the meetup website in Account -> Email Settings. There are check boxes to turn most notification types on or off.

At the bottom of the settings you can also choose who can email you through the site or post on your profile page. You can allow contact from all meetup members, only members of your meetup groups, or only organisers.

If you have a problem that isn't resolved by these methods, please contact us by going to http://www.meetup.com...­

Best wishes

Mark