The Manchester Film Fans Meetup Group Message Board › What was the last film you saw?

What was the last film you saw?

Matt M
bluenova
Manchester, GB
Post #: 91
The ending of Skyline surely has to go down as one of the greatest moments in cinematic history!

It's truly the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever seen :)
Dylan
user 11932138
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1
I thought we'd found skyline's one and only fan for a moment there.

But it is a classic story, girl meets boy, girl gets pregnant, aliens invade, aliens harvest boy's brain, brain inserted into alien, alien protects girl... ahhhh, makes you weak at the knees.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 5,663
Watched Little Miss Sunshine last night which was pretty funny.Alan Arkin steals the show really, even as a corpse.A bit of a cross between Flirting with Disaster and National Lampoon's Vacation and not quite as good as either, but still worth a watch.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 6,186
Watched Four Lions last night. The perfect Sunday night in bed sort of film. Really funny. I laughed out loud in the first 30 seconds which is always a good sign. The best British comedy I've seen for ages. I've struggled to find decent comedy lately. I watched Paul which was amiable, but not that funny. The same goes for Burke and Hare which I seemed to enjoy more for the fact that it was set in Edinburgh than anything else.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 6,406
I watched Super 8 last night which wasn't bad. The sort of film that Spielberg would have made if he was a younger man. I watched a few films I'd seen before over xmas because there was bugger all else on and there's no dvd or internet at my mums. I ended up watching the last 2 hours of Titanic (the best bit) which I quite enjoyed again. Watching Gladiator again was joyous. I got back home on xmas eve just as the last hour or so of ET was on and I quite enjoyed that too. I've only ever seen it the once and that was when it came out at the cinema.I've avoided Harry Potter for years. I've never seen any of the films or read any of the books, but Chamber of Secrets was the only thing on so I ended up enjoying it despite myself. Since I've mentioned this at work though, my manager has lent me the first five films on dvd which I feel obliged to watch. I watched The Philosopher's Stone last night which was alright. The acting was a bit crap. I know they're only kids but still...
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 6,603
Watched Poltergeist last night for the first time in about 20 years. It's aged a bit but I quite enjoyed it. Good to see Craig T. Nelson at his peak. I wonder if the undead would have trouble with flatscreens and Android apps these days.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 6,875
I think that the word "magical" is overused to describe films, but I watched Hugo last night and it was just a delight. What a great film with some amazing visual touches. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
Rowena
user 50015792
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1
Watched a film called Pandorum last night. Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster. It takes a lot ideas from other sci fi but brings together in quite an engaging way. Definitely one for fans of alien, event horizon etc although not quite as good as these.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 6,902
I watched Splice last night which was a load of old cobblers.What the hell is Adrian Brody doing? Prometheus was very enjoyable although it seemed to get a mixed reception. I saw Audition for the first time recently which was good but horrific and creepy. The reviews always banged on about how alarming it is and they were right. Getting a bit fed up of super hero films, although having said that I've got Iron Man 2 to watch later.
JO
user 3763738
Manchester, GB
Post #: 7,344
Watched This Must Be The Place last night with Sean Penn as ageing 50+ gothic rock star Cheyenne, which is a bizarre film. It starts with him watching Jamie Oliver in his mansion and then embarking on a road trip to find a nazi war criminal. It's probably trying to be a bit cult, but it just about gets away with it. A film based upon a Talking Heads song which actually has David Byrne in it as himself and an odd sequence where he plays guitar to a chubby child with an angelic voice who insists that the song is actually by Arcade Fire.