This is a new chapter of the Vancouver Mandarin Chinese Club. I am introducing the brand new Toastmasters for Mandarin Learners club. (We are applying and in process to be charted by Toastmasters International)
I have been a Toastmaster myself for a year and am elected VP Education in the most well-known Toastmasters Club in Vancouver. Last year, I won the Humorous Speech Contest at the club level, the area level and placed third at the division level. Having organized the Vancouver Mandarin Chinese Club for a couple of years at the same time, I have discovered and developed a series of methods to help Mandarin learners to improve their Mandarin skills. In this featured Toastmasters Club, you will practice your communication skills in MANDARIN by following the Toastmasters education program in Chinese, AND have access to all the resources of Toastmasters International Organization. Considering the fact that members will be second language speakers, the level of difficulty will be tailored to accommodate different level of learners.
1. Mandarin level required for best benefits:
- Non-Chinese heritage speakers from the intermediate to advanced level
- Cantonese speakers or other Chinese language speakers who wish to learn Mandarin
- Canadian born Chinese whose Mandarin is at functional level or higher
- Beginners are welcome to watch and decide later
(Native speakers of Chinese who wish to join please contact me for more instructions. These people will play different roles in the meeting.)
- This section of the Mandarin Club will keep a relatively more stable and sustainable rule. I will give details about the membership policy in the meeting, and you can decide if it is for you later.
- The Metrotown, Oakridge Mall and Richmond Meetups will continue running the same way they are without any change.
3. Does it cost money to attend this meeting
This is an introduction of the new club. We will eventually have to pay Toastmasters International a club fee, but this meeting is free to attend.
4. Is it a class?
This is NOT a school or a class. If you wish to take Mandarin courses, there are many of them in town. We are here to provide the opportunity to practice, get feedbacks and learn from each others.
Seats are limited. Please make sure you register here to guarantee a seat.
I look forward to seeing you there!