Anime Manga Addicts Message Board › Addicted to Manga Logo

Addicted to Manga Logo

A former member
Post #: 22
It was brought up by some members that the logo was pretty lame. I am looking at it now and indeed it does seem pretty lame. Any suggestions on a new logo? Please comment or create a new logo for our dear group! Thank you!
Prodigal P.
user 3869565
Culver City, CA
Post #: 1,054
Lots of logos look "lame". They're supposed to be easy to recognize.

A former member
Post #: 4
A lot of work go into these things. It's always easy to say negative things, how about some positive criticism instead.

P.S - I created that lame logo.
Kenny
user 9487018
Monterey Park, CA
Post #: 5
i like the current logo. I thought it is better than kIdMuScLe's old logo! You can start your own meetup group and make your own logo.
A former member
Post #: 5
I like it.

As a web/logo designer, I think the logo is effective for these reasons:

• it has a book in it to represent manga
  • it has a heart to represent the addicted part
  • the cat is representative of anime/manga "cat people"?
  • it is easily recognizable
  • the bright colors are representative of the colors in manga covers

The logo may be ineffective for these reasons:

• the cat may be too specific (what about mecha or shounen manga?)
  • the heart is small and may feel more of a "like/love" than a "addicted"
  • there is a sense of calm to it (not the "addicted" or even the unique/crazy/action feel that manga is famous for)
  • feels like it is created for kids. while manga is for everyone, a lot of Japanese pop culture icons are very "kid-like" or feel that they are aimed at a younger audience compared to how manga is viewed here in the states.

On a personal note, I like the fact that the letters in "manga" do NOT look like Kanji, katakana or hirgana. Thank you!

-Tiina
Prodigal P.
user 3869565
Culver City, CA
Post #: 1,055
A lot of work go into these things. It's always easy to say negative things, how about some positive criticism instead.

P.S - I created that lame logo.

In case the sarcasm wasn't clear in my earlier post, I do think the existing logo is fine as it is. It is on par with many famous logos such as the examples I posted. The purpose of a logo is to be easily recognized as being associated with the subject it is supposed to symbolize.
A former member
Post #: 23
Excuse me if I struck a few nerves. I apologies as to what was stated earlier. The logo is a bit girly and maybe should try to be more unisex instead of feminine. this topic was not brought up by me but by some valued member(s). Thank you.
Prodigal P.
user 3869565
Culver City, CA
Post #: 1,056
The logo is a bit girly and maybe should try to be more unisex instead of feminine.

Wow, seriously? I thought your use of the word "lame" referred to the simple design and minimal use of color (which is how most logos should be).

Could someone please explain how the logo is "girly"? I really couldn't infer any kind of gender reference just looking at it. It makes me wonder what other details I've failed to notice in our logo...

Apparently, cat-person is a cat-female. That's not the only thing I wasn't aware of. What's her name? Is she young, old, or middle-aged? What is her ethnic/religious/socio-economic background? What kind of manga is she reading? What kind of clothes is she wearing behind that book? If she's not wearing clothes, does fur cover her entire body or just the naughty bits?

The clothes are important because wearing a skirt clearly signifies that she's a women as indicated in the below logos. If she's not wearing a skirt then she must be a men! The book blocking our view makes it impossible to be certain... Maybe it's a trap?

Prodigal P.
user 3869565
Culver City, CA
Post #: 1,059
Oops. Looks like I had too much fun in my last post here. Sorry if I went too far. No harm was intended.
Marvin G.
user 61248862
Glendale, CA
Post #: 2
Some Headphones on the Cat would look pretty cool, and maybe something can be added to the book shes reading, maybe the the title of the hottest manga of the month, quarter, or year?

I can imagine naughty eyes the kind Jiraiya would get( may he R.I.P) when he would see a fine looking damsel walking down the street singing.....you get the point.

(/ ̄(エ) ̄)/
Party Time!