MassMobile - Mobile Developers' Meetup Message Board › CTO/Co-founder role at stealth startup - Android expert
Please let me know if you are interested in joining us as a CTO/Lead Architect and Co-founder. See the opportunity overview and job description here:
MobilePC is a stealth startup in the enterprise mobility space. A major Tier-1 US-based wireless operator has already confirmed they would like to OEM our software product on smartphones and tablets to the enterprise market (initial platform support will be Android). This Tier-1 operator has been setting up workshops with several of their key customers (Fortune 500 companies) to validate and refine the product concept. We will soon establish similar OEM arrangements with other Tier-1 wireless operators, giving us the opportunity to become the de-facto solution for our product category.
There are currently 2 co-founders with over 45 years of experience in the wireless and enterprise technology markets, both coming out of successful wireless startups. Both co-founders have raised angel and venture money previously, and we are already deeply engaged with interested investors for this opportunity.
We are looking for a CTO / Lead Architect to come on board as a co-founder (full-time preferred, but part-time is an option until we close funding in a few months). Initial responsibilities will be to define the software architecture, assist in UI demo creation, evaluate buy vs. build options for various aspects of the product, and define interfaces into the enterprise network. In addition, this person will help determine the amount of funding we need to raise and a high-level schedule of development milestones. Once the company closes funding, this person will help recruit the engineering team, orchestrate and lead the development of the product, support technical deep-dives with customers, and help formulate the long-term product strategy.
This role is located in the Boston area.
• Must be experienced with: Android, J2ME, Server-Side, SDK, OOP, Object Oriented, Java EE
• Deep expertise in Android and at least one app available on the Android Market
• Minimum of 3 years of mobile development, and minimum of 8 years of software development
• 3+ years of client-side development experience working with Java
• Strong software engineering experience using object-oriented design practices
• GUI design and development experience with a knack for usability and simplicity
• Strong knowledge of network-based applications and protocols, and preferably experience in enterprise environments (Active Directory, LDAP, CIFS, SMB, EAP)
• Experience scoping software development products and estimating development timeframes
• Experience leading/managing teams is highly desired
• Must be articulate and have excellent communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
• BS in Computer Science, MS or PhD preferred