addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

MassMobile - Mobile Developers' Meetup Message Board › Windows 8 Game Development JumpStart - March 14th

Windows 8 Game Development JumpStart - March 14th

Jim O.
jimoneil
Acton, MA
Post #: 15
For those of you who have deployed applications to iOS, Android and other mobile marketplaces, and particularly those of you focused on gaming, I wanted to make you aware that my colleagues Chris Bowen and Michael Cummings will be hosting a free, full-day technical program on building games for the Windows 8 platform, on Thursday, March 14th, at the Microsoft Offices in 1 Cambridge Center.

They'll cover the core concepts of the Windows 8 platform and take a look at how you can leverage the numerous cross-platform tools (like GameMaker, CreateJS, and MonoGame) to target all of the major app stores. I suspect they may have a few things to say too about Unity's very recent announcement!

Visit the Boston Windows App Developer's meetup site for more information and to register.