MDOG Hikes! Message Board › New Meetup: Valley Falls/Belding Wildlife Management Loop

New Meetup: Valley Falls/Belding Wildlife Management Loop

Roger R.
user 13379023
Coventry, CT
Announcing a new Meetup for MDOG Hikes!!

What: Valley Falls/Belding Wildlife Management Loop
When: Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: Valley Falls Park
314 Valley Falls Road
Vernon, CT 06066
(860) 872-6118

Hike Level: Moderate, Single Track, Wide Paths, Some Hills, Stream Crossings

Hike Start Time: 10:00 AM

Hike Distance: 3.6 Miles

Hike Duration: About 1 1/2 hours

Water on Trail For Dogs: YES

The Hike: Starting at Valley Falls, we will cross Valley Falls Road and enter the Shenipsit Trail(Blue Blaze). We will follow this up hill thru laurel thicket and enter open woods with a view of farm fields to the left. Cross Bolton Road and descend to a rocky ravine with a cascading brook. Cross brook and turn left on Blue Trail where it intersects with the yellow trail. We will follow Blue trail thru open woods until we reach the pond in Belding Wildlife Management. Cross the dam on the foot bridge and turn right along the pond and ascend thru the woods on left and follow until we reach the Tankerhoosen River. We will follow the river until we reach the Blue-Yellow Blaze connecting trail and follow to the Yellow Trail. At this point we have reached the top of the loop and will begin our way back to Valley Falls following the Yellow Trail. Once we reach the Blue trail at the rocky ravine and cascading brook. We will cross back over Bolton Road and make our way back thru the open woods, laurel thicket and descend down hill crossing Valley Falls Road and end of hike.

Directions: From I-84 East or West take exit 66.
From I-84 East turn right off exit go to stop sign and turn right on to Bolton Road.
From I-84 West Turn left off exit go to stop sign and turn right on to Bolton Road.

Follow Bolton Road south for about 1.4 miles go right on Valley Falls Road about 0.1 miles and turn left into Valley Falls park.

Directions From Google Maps: Click on link then Click "Get Directions" on Left side of page.
http://maps.google.co...­

If you are going to be later for need directions you can reach me at:
rbross@me.com

This is a great hike!

See you on the trails,

Roger
MDOG Hikes Organizer

Check it out!