NYC Meatshare Message Board › Summer CSA -- with eggs, chicken, and organic local veggies

Summer CSA -- with eggs, chicken, and organic local veggies

Jay
dudeascending
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
Hi Jeanne,

I would definitely be interested in this. Do you have an idea of what pricing would be like per person if we get 20 people signed up?

Thanks!

Yrs, Jay
Jeanne D.
user 10503723
New York, NY
Post #: 13
I should have an idea about pricing in a few weeks -- it would be similar to other CSA's in the city.

There are workshops that I will be going to -- free of charge -- sponsored by justfood.org.

The workshops focus on setting up CSA's.
The next one is March 16th -- from 6-8pm -- at the Just Food Office in Midtown. I'll post them as meetups.
A former member
I'm interested as well. I live in Astoria so if you need a drop off site in this area I'd be happy to do it. I also have a car if you need help schlepping produce, etc.
Jeanne D.
user 10503723
New York, NY
Post #: 14
Hello,
I added 2 polls to see if people are interested in the summer CSA. Please answer them to let me know if you are interested.

If we have strong interest (20+ people) by April 15th -- we are going to move forward with planning.

Thanks,
Jeanne
Tim F.
user 11700564
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Hello,
I added 2 polls to see if people are interested in the summer CSA. Please answer them to let me know if you are interested.

If we have strong interest (20+ people) by April 15th -- we are going to move forward with planning.

Thanks,
Jeanne

I am very interested, please put me on the list! Thanks.
Jeanne D.
user 10503723
New York, NY
Post #: 15
Right now, it doesn't look like we have sufficient interest to move forward. If you still are interested, please post your answer in the polls.
Thanks,
Jeanne
Matt L.
user 12868400
Brooklyn, NY
I am interested - how close are wee to the amount of people we need?
Jeanne D.
user 10503723
New York, NY
Post #: 16
We have 7 who responded to the poll. We would need closer to 20 to make it worthwhile. I'm meeting with B&Y Farms this weekend to decide.

If this doesn't work out, B&Y farms is most likely going to go with a NYC Greenmarket site. If that is the case, maybe we can work out a share, where we are able to pick up our share at their market site. It would be farmer's market style, so you can pick your items. We would still have our pick, and we would have a longer stretch of time to pick up our goodies.

Thanks for you interest!
QueenBacon aka K.
queenbacon
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
oh I would so be interested.. it is to late?
isaac and m.
user 29973642
New York, NY
Post #: 3
We were unaware of this thread...
We are also interested, but have dietary restrictions at the moment so a set box of produce wouldn't work for us. I'm not sure if you would be able to just purchase the vegetables you need.
Many thanks for setting this up!