addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Washington DC Meditation Meetup Group Message Board › Hello Meditators!

Hello Meditators!

A former member
Dear DC Meditators,
I thought I'd drop a line to introduce myself...I'm Jenny Sammons, the new organizer of this here DC Meditation Meetup Group. I know that I have some big shoes to fill after Laura, and I feel honored to be stepping up to the task.

A little about me as a meditator:
I consider myself a very spiritual person and I meditate daily. I first learned how to meditate about 7 or 8 years ago where I explored the Buddhist Vippassana tradition. Since then, my practice has expanded to include many spiritual traditions ranging from Buddhist meditation to Christian forms of worship to Kirtan. I'm an equal opportunity devotee. :)

Why I wanted to be this meetup's organizer:
I've been looking for ways to serve the community and create an authentic, safe and loving space where anyone and everyone is welcome to to show up, receive spiritual nourishment and meet like-minded people. I'd also like to make some new friends while I'm at it.

My vision for the meetups:
I'd like to organize meetups that are open and allowing of all philosophies and beliefs and where everyone feels honored and respected. As an organizer, I'd like to hold space for open and authentic sharing from our own experience. The format I plan to follow is that in the beginning of the gathering we'll have a 20-30 minutes or so of meditation and then we'll follow up with discussion and reflection. Since I am also a very creative person, our meetups may include some type of creative spiritual activity just to mix things up every once in a while. I also plan on taking advantage of the outdoors while the weather is still nice. I'd like these meetups to be fun, heart-opening, and deeply nourishing. I think we could all use a little more of that in our lives, don't you agree?

Please feel free to reach out to me at jenniferhrsammons@gmail.com­ with any questions, suggestions, feedback or just to say hello. There'd be no meetup without you and I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings and namaste,

Jenny