The Washington DC Meditation Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for Next Organizer for Meditation Meetup
I've had a wonderful time serving as the organizer for the DC Meditation Meetup, but unfortunately my work has squeezed out the free time I need to continue in this role. I'd like to put the word out that we're looking for a new organizer to take over the group. If you are interested, please send me a message and we'll set up a time to talk.
To be eligible to be the next organizer, we're looking for:
1) Able to commit to at organizing and arranging for a space to host at least 1 meetup/month.
2) Will respect the diversity of different meditation styles in the group, and support all styles. Organizer cannot promote a single style or school.
3) Has good social skills and is able to facilitate a safe space for members to both meditate and have discussion.
4) Will take responsibility for the $20/mth fee for the group, either directly or through raising it through the members.
5) Maintain the peer-to-peer system, avoiding creation of formal or informal hierarchies or teachers within the group.
I'll be happy to show the incoming Organizer the ropes. It's a great role and you get to meet lots of wonderful people.
Let me know if you are interested!