add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Washington DC Meditation Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for Next Organizer for Meditation Meetup

Looking for Next Organizer for Meditation Meetup

Derek E.
Washington, DC
Dear Members,

I've had a wonderful time serving as the organizer for the DC Meditation Meetup, but unfortunately my work has squeezed out the free time I need to continue in this role. I'd like to put the word out that we're looking for a new organizer to take over the group. If you are interested, please send me a message and we'll set up a time to talk.

To be eligible to be the next organizer, we're looking for:
1) Able to commit to at organizing and arranging for a space to host at least 1 meetup/month.
2) Will respect the diversity of different meditation styles in the group, and support all styles. Organizer cannot promote a single style or school.
3) Has good social skills and is able to facilitate a safe space for members to both meditate and have discussion.
4) Will take responsibility for the $20/mth fee for the group, either directly or through raising it through the members.
5) Maintain the peer-to-peer system, avoiding creation of formal or informal hierarchies or teachers within the group.

I'll be happy to show the incoming Organizer the ropes. It's a great role and you get to meet lots of wonderful people.

Let me know if you are interested!