The Silicon Valley Meditation Meetup Group Message Board › How Meditation Has Changed My Life!

How Meditation Has Changed My Life!

Brett J.
user 2530843
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 10
Meditation is a powerful practice for bringing what is unconscious in ourselves out into the light. The fruits of your meditation practice are powerful yet often times very sublte so it is important to know what to look for to see and know that meditation is working for you in your life.

Consciously acknowledging the benefits you've received from meditation is important. It not only brings more benefits (whatever you focus on expands) but also reinforces your belief in and commitment to your practice. A commitment to your practice is what carries you deeper, where the all the fruits of your practice lie.

This discussion thread is here for you to acknowledge the benefits you've noticed from meditating and at the same time, provide some reference for others to recognize how and where meditation is working for them in thier lives.

By sharing how the light of awareness has been revealing itself through you, you cast light on the path for those just behind you. Thanks for posting....

Namaste,
Brett
Edward E.
user 2858152
San Jose, CA
Post #: 1
I was introduced to mediation about 6 months ago and have been attending these thursday night sessions almost religously. Bretts insight, compassion and leadership have made this one of the most rewarding and healing experiences of my life. It provides calm and peace in a world of chaos.

I look forward each week to Thursday nights and try as best I can do meditate each day with my other tapes and by myself.... the group and the discussions make it easy for it all to come together.

I highly recommend all those who have started stick with it. THe payoff is 100 fold vs. the small effort required.

Ed Ehrlich
Steven & Rose S.
user 2863495
San Jose, CA
When we were first introduced to meditation, we weren't quite sure how long it would take before we saw the benefits. The easy technique that Brett taught us to just settle into our bodies and "just be" seemed at first too simple. Yet, within a couple of weeks we were able to see the benefits almost immediately. The first benefit was a deeper feeling of peace and happiness. Then it seemed like nothing can really bother us. Problems just rolled off of us. There was also a feeling of contentment in all areas of life. This simple and yet profound meditation technique has made a dramatic difference in our lives. It take only minutes but the benefits lasts a life time.

Blessings,
Steve & Rose
PAUL W.
user 3433839
San Jose, CA
For many years I thought that meditation was something I had to learn how to do. A few years ago, I attended a class with Brett and what I learned immediately was that all I have to do is get quiet and be still. That seemed real easy at first, and wow was it ever tough to turn off all of my mind chatter. So I practiced early in the morning, when everyone in my family was asleep. The quietness started showing up within a few weeks. The quietness is really “Spirit.” It felt that my new quiet zone called meditation (sacred environment of God's absolute peace and pure love) was an opportunity to learn and grow. I just remained quiet.

What has resulted from my morning meditation has been: A business opportunity my wife and I got involved with recently after I journalized from meditation about - pay attention to new business today; A new training position at my company that came from meditation in the form of - pay attention to ways on how my associates at work will handle the Continued Education aspect of their jobs. I am absolutely clear that these opportunities came through my daily meditation because I placed a priority on mediatating every morning. So I know that my Spirit is to be listened to, for the growth of who Paul really is.
A former member
Taking the Meditation class and meditating with the group has been one one of the most profound changes in my adult life. These nights of meditation really helped me settle my mind, focus my intent and clearly develop my goals. I have done reading on mediation for years, but nothing brought it all together like spending time learning from Brett and the group. After the last year of chaos after Hurricane Katrina, it was nice to be able to settle into our new life and meditation practice.
A former member
Post #: 8
I saw my sister during my trip home and the first thing she said to me was "Why are you so happy?"

At first I was a little surprised by the question. Then I searched for an answer. Perhaps it was because I had just seen my parents for the first time in many months that day.

Only later did I realize I seemed happier to her because I was more peaceful inside. Perhaps some day we'll all see that as a natural condition, not something we need to explain.

Happy New Year!