addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Orlando Meditation Meetup Group Message Board › Januarys Newsletter

Januarys Newsletter

A former member
Post #: 237
If you are having trouble reading this email, read the online version.

Please do not reply to this email.

Instant Magick
The Burning Thymes
AEWP news January 1st 2009

feature article

WHAT THE YULE---IT'S A NEW YEAR?

As the Yule season crept up and ambled past amidst the frantic preparations and planning that preceeded it I sat down and reflected on all the ritual we take so much for granted and perform each year with little thought to it's origin.
Every year we set up the Yule tree for December 21st, as I always have been acustomed to, decorate with Thorn, Berry and Mistletoe just as my granny did when I was a baby.
The Yule log, this year it was a fine piece of Cedar, is prepared for the ritual we share with all as well as the private one shared with the coven family.
Once all the days of Yule have past, sharing food, drink and blessings from the mother, we prepare for the New Year of the traditional Scot's custom of Hogmanay which has been passed down with it's quaint ageless ways I took on from those who have passed on to the summerlands long gone.
How surprised was I that our new friends in our new country hadn't a clue as to what these customs were or why we did what we do?
So much has been lost along the way just for those whose journey took them to the shores of a new world that imprinted the new customs of Christianity into the laws and traditions so thoroughly that simple rituals such as the passing of coal at New Year were long forgotten.

Read Online

MEETUP'S FOR THE MONTH DECEMBER

As with every year December is a time when we take stock from the past and prepare for the future, this isn't only true of our lives but also of the meetup events as well. So it was that come Years end we slow down and relax, leave our speakers time to prepare for the season and just have some open group discourse.
On December 3rd the Orlando pagan meetup changed location to Panera Bread for the month until we start the new year at the Chinese Buffet, we called this event a time for reflection and change and as the theme of the talk decided to chat about the history of the western magick tradition, mainly the movers and shakers who culminated to the Golden Dawn were so many of today's leading personages have traced their roots.

Read Online

AFTER THE COOKIES' THE DISHES.

Well, the silly season is almost over. A big shout out to the Goddess for seeing me through another with most of my marbles intact. I would like to to write you a story detailing all the deeply spiritual and magickal things that I did with my son this year but the truth is, we didn’t.

Read Online

Subscribe today to receive AEWP invitations, The Burning Thymes news, Special Offers from Affiliates,

Forward this to a friend

If you no longer want to receive communications from AEWP, please opt-out.

Click here for our Privacy Policy.