, please read below and participate or sponsor us in spiritually cultivating world peace and help establish our Buddhist center dedicated to peace. Meditation-thon 2008 Volunteers or Sponsors needed for Meditation-thon for world peace on 11/16
Are you looking to do some good in the world?
Become a meditator for peace or become a sponsor
Please read below and join us.
The Buddhist Faith Fellowship (BFF) of Connecticut is asking for your support for our upcoming Meditation-thon for world peace. In addition, we are fundraising for our BFF Capital Campaign Fund earmarking financial resources towards the construction of a new Buddhist center in Middletown, Connecticut. By lending financial support to the BFF, our community will further advance the richness of Buddha teachings of compassion, wisdom, peace and social service for our generation and beyond. World Peace
The 6 Hour Meditation-thon also is an effort to increase awareness of the benefits of meditation practice and to affect the world in a positive way. One does not need to be a ?Buddhist? to meditate. Meditation is an ancient human practice. Not only does it increases spiritual self-awareness that can lead to spiritual awakening, meditation has been shown to calm the nerves, reduce stress, and give a person a greater feeling of harmony with the universe. Since the mind and body of every human being, life form and the planet are all interconnected in a very deep level, the meditator?s efforts can positively affect our world by helping to transform affliction into wholesomeness. In other words, when we meditate, in a certain deeper sense, all beings meditate with us.
Meditation requires stillness of thought by following the breath as well as heartfelt intention. Since our purpose is to promote world peace, our minds require meaningful intent in order to succeed in this endeavor. Therefore, meditators may recite the Buddhist Prayer for Peace before their Meditation ? thon experience.
On Sunday, November 16, 2008, the Buddhist Faith Fellowship will be meditating for an afternoon from noon to 6 p.m. at the Buddhist House. We will collectively meditate for world peace during this extraordinary event, in which at least one participant will be meditating at all times. The Meditation-thon will take place at the Buddha House, Rte. 66, Middletown. Thank you for sponsoring this healing and worthwhile cause. How To Get Involved
1. Register to participate in the Meditation-thon (just return this e-mail with your name and phone number)
2. Get a pledge form this Sunday in Middletown (or just arrive on Sunday and give a pledge & meditate) or get the pledge form at http://buddhistfaith.tripod.com/giving/index.html
3. Personally ask friends, family and acquaintances for pledges.
4. Meditate for one or two hours. You do not need to meditate for the entire time slot at a time but can divide it up with sitting and walking meditation at 30 minute intervals and with breaks.
5. Become a Sponsor if you don't have the time to meditate on Sunday. Your pledge of any amount will help the Buddhist Faith Fellowship establish their own center in Middletown in the future. Donations are tax deductible. Checks payable to BFF of Ct. Thank you for you generous support.
Donations to be sent to:
BFF of Ct
c/o G.R. Lewis
46 Churchill Road
Wethersfield, Ct 06109
Thank you for your support. We will see you on November 16!
Visit www.bffct.net for more information about us.
Peace. Sensei G.R. Lewis
p.s. See our Capital Campaign web site at http://buddhistfaith.tripod.com/giving/index.html