Portland Mindfulness Meetup Group Message Board Mindful Events › Tonight's Meetup -

Tonight's Meetup -

TomC
user 7931343
Group Organizer
South Portland, ME
Fellow mindful seekers,

Kerry and I are looking forward to seeing you all tonight. We have 40 people signed-up for our event tonight, so there should be plenty of good energy to help us all along on our path to greater awareness, acceptance and vitality. We want to remind you that if you for some reason cannot make it to tonight's meetup, please change your RSVP as we have several people on the waiting list who I'm sure would like to attend.

Please bring a cushion or bench if you want, and we should have plenty of chairs for people who would prefer that option. We do ask for a $3 minimum donation to cover expenses such as the meeting space, the website monthly fee, and other nominal fees. We'll have a donation basket and, given the numbers of people, we'll just go on the honor system. Anything extra will go towards getting supplies to help enhance our future meetups, of which we expect many.

As we like to say, come as you are, pay what you can, be open to the experience. Remember, you can't fail in this practice as long as you keep coming back to it. Give yourself permission to be a bad meditator, and the possibilities just open up from there.

Tonight's recorded talk is about 1:20, and we'll need to start as close to 6pm as possible, so please come early if you can. The doors will probably open at about 5:40pm. Enjoy this day, here's hoping to see you tonight.

Best wishes,

Tom and Kerry