As you probably know, we are opening a meditation retreat - Galiana, located between New York and Boston, on the border of Upstate, NY and Berkshire Mountains. Right now it is just a beautiful piece of land with a mountain stream and forest, nothing but nature. We are going to turn in into an incredible unique retreat, where we will conduct classes, events, parties, ceremonies and just let our souls dance :). We are planning to have a pool, a jacuzzi, an ayurvedic garden and healing facility, trout pond, fire circle, lotus dome, goddess temple and most likely some other exciting structures.
Read more about the retreat and our progress here: http://galianaproject.wordpress.com/
For those who would like to be at the foundation of this project, we are conducting an event dedicated to the consecration of the land on the weekend of May 21 -23.
We hope you can come and join us. If you can only come for a day, that is also great.?If you can give somebody a ride or need a ride, let us know!
Here is the approximate schedule for the weekend:
Schedule of activities:
Arrival - starting at 5 pm
Communal Kitchen Opened 9 - 10:30 pm
Fire Opening Circle - 10:30 pm
8 am - Kundalini Yoga
Communal Kitchen Opened - 9: 30 am
Dinner - 7 - 8 pm
Spirit Fire Circle 9 pm to whenever you drop
8 am - Kundalini Yoga
Communal Kitchen Open 9:30 am
3 pm - Fire Closing Circle
Here are the teams that you can join (you can choose more than one):
1. Lotus Temple Building Team (see the model here http://galianaproject.wordpress.com/
) (Coordinator is Ron)
2. Visual Arts Team (decorating fire circle, Lotus Temple, body painting, costumes, camera work ... ) (Coordinator is Michael/Anya Kozorez/Dubov)
3. Galiana Spirit Fire Team (take lead in the ceremony - bring your ritual, poem, song, dance, meditation ...) (Coordinator is Luba/Nadya/Masha)
4. Nature Guardians Creative Team (find and paint nature objects, create structures with stones and wood) (Coordinator is Volga/Ricardo)
5. Kitchen Team (help with food preparation, serving and clean up) (Coordinator is Sveta/Julia)
Everybody will also participate in the Common Land Clean Up on Saturday morning
FIRE OPENING CIRCLE
Spontaneous informal participation, drumming, singing, guitar, meeting each other, hanging out with new friends, discussing plans for the weekend and for the retreat
FIRE CLOSING CIRCLE
Freedom of spontaneous self-expression, celebration of friendship and good work.
GALIANA Spirit Fire Circle
We will celebrate life and spirit through the pathways of music, creative and spiritual/artistic practices. Drummers, dancers, chanters, poets, singers, leaders and seekers of all types connect in this circle through joyful celebration, deep participation and ecstatic trance. Everybody will have a chance to lead the circle -
bring your art, your ritual, your poem, your meditation, your knowledge, your wisdom and your love.
Please, let us know:
1. if you are coming and if you are brining anybody with you
2. if you have a car or need a ride
3. which team would you like to join
4. please send in your telephone number
Facilities and What to bring:
We have electricity and a toilet on the land. We also have a fantastic source of drinkable mountain water from the stream.
1. Take care of your camping needs: a tent, sleeping bag, a cup, a spoon, a bowl, mosquito spray, etc
2. Food: we will provide basic food, porridge, soup, tea, etc but please bring whatever you want as well. Coolers are a good idea
4. Flash Light, christmas lights and extension Cords if you have any, candles
5. Musical Instruments
6. Camera and video cameras
7. Sacred and beautiful objects for Lotus Temple
8. Decoration materials
Children and pets are welcome. Make sure to spray your pets for ticks.
If you want to stay in a hotel, there is one near by: http://www.chathamtravellodge.com/
When you come, park close to the entrance, we will try to meet you and help you find a spot.
If you want to lead a yoga or any other day session, please speak up.
Waters of Galiana Team
Please get the directions from Google, the address is on the Galiana Blog Site here: http://galianaproject.wordpress.com/
It is easy to get there, but some GPS's do not have this address yet.
You are welcome to call me to discuss your arrival and participation
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Luba Evans ([address removed]) from The New York Tantric Meetup.
To learn more about Luba Evans, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]