Classical Music & Opera Message Board › Searching for a trustee
London Centre for Italian Opera project
366 Camden Road, London N7 0LG
mobile phone: +447789533926
OperAmore is searching for a trustee for its future charity.
Trustee job description
We are searching for an enthusiastic and effective trustee who helps us to implement our initial activity.
Person and contract specifications
- a commitment to the organisation and its objectives,
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and
liabilities of Trusteeship,
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a Trustee
- strategic vision,
- good, independent judgement,
- an ability to think creatively a willingness to speak their mind,
- an ability to work effectively as a member of a team,
- a proven passion for the Italian classical music, opera and culture,
- previous experience in the management of small-size arts organizations,
- present or past experience as professional, entrepreneur or executive, preferably
in the financial sector,
- a track record in fund-raising and networking,
- good working knowledge of Skype or MSN Messenger, as many meetings will
take place as conference calls,
- London-based and with substantial London connections.
We will take into consideration promising candidates which may not meet all of the above desiderata.
Terms and conditions
- This will be a non-paying position which will bring to the trustee the satisfaction of participating in a culturally worthwhile project and the opportunity for personal and professional interaction with those arts organizations, academic institutions, and business ventures which we expect to support or join the OperAmore initiative.
- The duration of the trusteeship is still to be decided, but is likely to be three years.
If you would like to apply send your cv and covering letter to: Angelo Pinto, coordinator-artistic director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the same contact if you have any questions about the post.