addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Space Travelers Meetup On The Moon Message Board › Experiences On The Moon?

Experiences On The Moon?

Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 79
Ever visited The Sea of Tranquility or The Lunar Mountain Range?

Done any exploring in the caves off the main highway
past the big crater?

What about the food.
Any restaurants you can recommend up there?

Got photos???
Let's see!!!
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 93
It's hard to believe that none of you has stories from your previous visits to The Grey Planet.

I would assume by now that you would have related about the time that the Rover 2000 was stolen and left propped up on moonrock blocks and spray painted with graffiti by unknown persons.
That was a shocker to find out that graffiti vandals were loose on the moon!
shock

Remember the time Ed got drunk and stumbled into the women's room at Tranquility Base? Those Cosmonaut women were certainly surprised to see that wild and crazy guy
sleeping in the stall with his pressurized pants around his knees and his visor covered in Cheese Whiz.
biggrin

How about the time Sandra sat on a sandworm burrow at The Big Crater and they ate through her oxygen valve.
We thought she was turning blue from the lunar beer!
tongue

Enough from me, let's hear your tales from your trips and excursions to our beloved rocky and dusty moonscape.

PS: Bob, get that fan belt on that shuttle yet? We can always call in AAA if your membership card is still valid. wink
A former member
Post #: 2,507
The only experience that I have had visiting the Moon was on my daughter's playdates.

Hmm
Meetup.com -- Where a lunar trip would be out of this world
Rob S.
Rob_S.
Bronxville, NY
Post #: 2
Wouldn't ya know it?! The minute I get the fan belt replaced the darn rotational axis stabilizer blows! I knew I should have gone with the S1000 but no I had to save a few bucks. Well, keep one those crater fried critters on the barby for me. I'll be there as soon as I can!
A former member
Post #: 68
Wouldn't ya know it?! The minute I get the fan belt replaced the darn rotational axis stabilizer blows! I knew I should have gone with the S1000 but no I had to save a few bucks. Well, keep one those crater fried critters on the barby for me. I'll be there as soon as I can!

Hey, want me to pick you up in my Eagle? I swiped it from Cdr Konig. This is just temporary until I get the transmat beam perfected and marketed.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 110
Just curious Wren, has it been smogged?

They've been cracking down lately on those Eagles. Something about
excess hypertoxic fumes emanating from the manifolds on those babies.

I'd make sure the insurance is current too. They've been putting people
in the Inter-Lunar Holding Pens for less!

- The Big Cheese
Rob S.
Rob_S.
Bronxville, NY
Post #: 3
Just so you know, I've been working on designs for a new loudspeaker system that doesn't require air to propagate the sound, so that we can have tunes at our get togethers. My current design involves cranial implants that beams the music directly into the cortex. The advantage of this system is that each participant may select the genre of music that they prefer and hear only what turns them on. The Distempo Regulator (r) then affects the time perception of the users so that each individual hears their song at the song's original tempo but are temporally in time with every other user. So for instance, Renee can listen to an upbeat Megadeth tune while Ben is listening to a soft Streisand song and yet they can dance with one another in perfect step. Thus far the prototype seems to leave about 60% of implant recipients with unnatural desires to eat sharp objects. I'm working to tweak this down to an FDA comfortable 30%.
A former member
Post #: 69
Just curious Wren, has it been smogged?

They've been cracking down lately on those Eagles. Something about
excess hypertoxic fumes emanating from the manifolds on those babies.

I'd make sure the insurance is current too. They've been putting people
in the Inter-Lunar Holding Pens for less!

- The Big Cheese

Gee, Cheese, I dunno. It was built in England around 1970. The inside hatch has the VIN, then "Manufactured in Gallifrey by the TARDIS corporation"--?? There's a manual, which might have smog specs listed, but I couldn't tell you. It's murder to read because it's written in British. *sigh*

I bought it through eBay from a Dr Helena Russell. I doubt she was the original owner.

Wren
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 123
Better to get it checked out at a weigh station between here and the launch pad or you might find yourself up ship's creek without a paddle.

Wouldn't want to send out a search party at 3am looking for you somewhere in the void. We might not be sober at that point.

shock
ReneeA
ReneeA
Mason, OH
Post #: 360
Renee can listen to an upbeat Megadeth tune while Ben is listening to a soft Streisand song and yet they can dance with one another in perfect step.

Megadeth?? You got the wrong looney-tune, Buddy! For me and Moonbeam, it's classical all the way: Debussey's Claire de Lune, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, or anything by Mozart -- he's always looney!

BTW, anyone know where I can pick up some razor blades? I'm famished!

ReneeA
Groovin' and Movin' to the Classics