This group is intended to provide a warm and friendly space for girls/women/female who identify themselves as lesbian, bisexual or even for those who are not sure to connect with others.
Her vision :
Creating a strong sense of community and support network where acceptance is embraced and love is nurtured.
We are not into labels and stereotypes. It is about your story, your journey and embracing whoever you are you decide to be.
Her story :
I know how hard it is to find a new les/bi/an friend when you just came out or while you are trying to figure out your sexuality. Dating sites intimidate me and going out to a gay club to find a friend is a daunting experience. This meet up has been a great support for girls to connect with others. It does not matter whether you are singles or couples, into the scene or dining, a bookworm or a sports fan, newly out or new in town. This is the melting pot where les-bi-friends hang!
Our new hangout every Friday. No drama, just good time and awesomeness: https://www.facebook.com/ilovechances
Members Pledge :
- I will remember how I was once a first timer too.
- So, if someone is looking new & lost, I will say hello :)
...and then hug them to death...in a non creepy way lol
- We respect the group spirit of open arms, open heart (and warm hugs).
- We share love, omit hatred and steer away from drama.
- Be respectful when you RSVP, always be courteous and let us know if you change your mind within 2 hours before meetup starts.
- This group offers genuine friendships. It is not about hook ups. Though in the past there has been many relationships blossoms through the group. We even had one marriage coming next year :)
- We do not tolerate any member who disrespects others.
Why it is awesome to be a member:
- Awesome people to be around and a place where you can always find newfound friend :)
- *Exclusive guest list with cheaper entry at gay & lesbian events
- *Reserved area for members to mingle at gay & lesbian events
*selected venues :)
2,828 Melbourne Rock Climbers
1,321 Romeo's and Juliet's
2,048 Writers & ent. ind.
5,576 Spanglish Speakers