Although I've never had dealings with Greg Shephard, it sounds like he's making meetup members uncomfortable and I'd hate to see people leave because of that.
Has anyone reported this to meetup.com yet? If this is an ongoing issue I strongly recommend that you do. I've just looked at their TOS and Section 5.3 is particularly relevant (see below).
5.3 Grounds for Removal, Sanction and/or Suspension. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, the following types of actions are cause for immediate removal, repeal and/or suspension or termination of your account:
(a) The use of our Platform to (including, without limitation, eligibility requirements):
* (i) harm or intimidate another person in any way, including restricting or inhibiting any other user from using our Platform;
* (ii) impersonate any person or entity (including Meetup, Meetup staff and other members), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through the use of similar email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device;
* (iii) disguise the origin of any Public Information that is transmitted to any third party;
* (iv) "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
* (v) advertise merchandise, auctions, services or commercial websites, including offers to trade or charitable solicitations unrelated to the topic or spirit of the Meetup Group;
* (vi) resell Public Information or access to Public Information;
* or (vii) collect or store personal data about other users;
(b) Posting any Public Information or other material:
* (i) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, intimidating, vulgar, obscene, profane, libelous, invasive of another's privacy (including the posting of private emails or contact information about another individual), hateful, or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, including any Public Information or other material that may be considered hate speech;
* (ii) that is obscene, pornographic or adult in nature;
* (iii) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
* (iv) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or rights of publicity or privacy;
* (v) that is unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation (including, but not limited to, "spam," "junk mail," and "chain letters");
* (vi) that is inappropriate, posted in bad faith, or contrary to the spirit of any Meetup Group; or
* (vii) that uses the Platform primarily as a lead generator or listing service for another website;
Find local businesses and services in your area with Yahoo!7 Local.
Get started: http://local.yaho...