Memphis Spanish Language Meetup Message Board › International Exchange Students

International Exchange Students

Beth E.
user 14572700
Memphis, TN
Post #: 3
I am a Local Coordinator for the non-profit Council on International Educational Exchange, and we are looking for host families for international high school students. There are great kids who want to experience the US for 5 or 10 months. The students come from many countries, including Mexico, Germany, Brazil, Thailand, China, Spain and more.

HOST AN INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENT!!

Open your heart and your home to an International High School student for one semester or a full school year. This has proven to be the best tool of diplomacy and bridge building between nations.

After celebrating 64 years in international education as a non-profit organization, the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) remains highly committed to our mission: "To help people gain understanding, acquire knowledge and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world."
Each student in our program is individually interviewed to ensure that they have the appropriate maturity level to be a successful participant in our program.
CIEE strongly believes that by volunteering their time to community service, our students will become more involved in the American way of life. Therefore, we require that they participate in a "Community Service Project" (8 hours per semester) to ensure that they reciprocate the exchange and benefits to their host family, school, and their community.
Students are between 15-18 years old, have their own medical insurance, and spending money. There is no better time than NOW to learn more about our neighbors in the world!!
Students will arrive in August 2013 for 5 or 10 months.

Why Host?
• Introduce the heart of America
• Unite our future leaders
• Strengthen mutual understanding
• Gain new insights and appreciation
for different cultures
• Affect attitudes over lifetimes

Please help us make a difference in the world!
Be sure to visit our website for more information and to access the Host Family application at http://www.ciee.org/h...­.
For more information and to participate in this rewarding intercultural experience please contact Beth at 901-755-6019.
Beth E.
user 14572700
Memphis, TN
Post #: 33
Here are two of the students who currently need host families for August 2013:

Claudia is a 15 year old girl from Spain. "I’m loving, curious, ambitious and sociable. Other thing about me, it's that I talk all the time, but I don't think that this is bad, because I know when I have to be in silence too." She enjoys ballet and modern dance, jazz and basketball. She likes to take photographs and visit museums and galleries. Every year, Claudia raises money for local charities. At her new school, she would love to get involved with cheerleading or volleyball and a volunteer group. GPA: 3.5 SLEP: 55 Arrival Date: August 2013 Program Length: 10 months

Franco Benjamin is a 18 year old boy from Ecuador. Benjamin has been living the last 4 years with his twin brother, older brother, and cousins as he had to live away from his parents to further his studies. "I think this has made me more responsible and more mature as I have to handle me alone and manage my time." Benjamin enjoys playing baskebtall, handball, soccer, chess, and video games. GPA: 3.8, SLEP: 55, Allergies: None, Program Length: 10 months, Arrival: August

We have many other exchange students who need host families, and we would be happy to match you with the perfect exchange student for your family!