The San Francisco Metal Meetup Group Message Board › New Music Suggestions or I'm listening to this shit and so should you

New Music Suggestions or I'm listening to this shit and so should you

Manish P.
ManishP
Oakland, CA
Post #: 5
So with all the bands that are rolling through it may be a nice idea to start a thread where we can actually talk about bands we are getting into, new music that is coming out, music for the bands that are coming around.

Feel free to post opinions and such, please be nice and respectful of other's opinions (unless you are a sarcastic prick like me and it's obvious that you are being sarcastic)

I'll start....

A couple days ago I suggested a meetup for one of my fav bands right now, Deafheaven. They just released their latest album, Sunbather on Deathwish Inc. Check it out, and if you like it get you tix to the show.

Jack
JackYoung
Daly City, CA
Post #: 1
This is really good, Manish. All the elements of good Black Metal with an epic touch. Will definitely check this show out!
Manish P.
ManishP
Oakland, CA
Post #: 7
Blood Stain Child

Just got exposed to these guys from Japan, unfortunately it doesn't seem like they have played any shows in the states. Ah well still pretty damn good.

They are a mix of melodic death metal and electronica. I can only imagine how fun these shows might be.

Here's their song called Freedom

Lupa
metalcrone
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 230
good idea, share your latest obsession tunes. I really got a kick out of that Hanzel und Gretyl at DNA(attic) last night. When I get $ in June I'll get their CD cuz I want to hear more about their take on "Deutshland" I couldn't understand all their words but I know it wasn't about puppies and flowers.
Manish P.
ManishP
Oakland, CA
Post #: 8
We need to keep this train rolling!!!

Tomorrow, the avant-garde jazz/metal hybrid band Shining releases One One One. It continues the sound that they call Black Jazz. A quick history lesson. Shining was formed in 1999 at the Norwegian Academy of Music by classmates the saxaphonist who needed band members for a show he already booked. Luckily his classmates stepped up. Their first couple albums are straight up jazz quartet fun. pretty talented, but it wasn't until they released their 3rd album in 2003 when they decided to start blending metal with the jazz. As the years went on more metal and industrial influences came into the picture. It's crazy, it's scary, it's pretty metal I think. I hope you enjoy this one.

Jack
JackYoung
Daly City, CA
Post #: 2
I remember 2 or 3 years ago they toured with Enslaved and eventually did a collaborative live show together. Im not to familiar with most of their material but they do an interesting cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man with Grutle from Enslaved on guest vocals.
Manish P.
ManishP
Oakland, CA
Post #: 9
I remember 2 or 3 years ago they toured with Enslaved and eventually did a collaborative live show together. Im not to familiar with most of their material but they do an interesting cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man with Grutle from Enslaved on guest vocals.
Yeah, that cover is super crazy and awesome.
A former member
i'm liking this band Return From Exile

why isn't the video showing up?

Manish P.
ManishP
Oakland, CA
Post #: 10
i'm liking this band Return From Exile

why isn't the video showing up?

Ahh that's better, the embed source didn't have "http:" in the code. FIXED! :) You're welcome
max
user 101864702
San Francisco, CA
that sounds absolutely orgasmic.