Happy New Year!
Hope you enjoyed the holiday break with your family and friends.
The Meetup co-organizers, Eric Malcolm, Cam Cecchini, and I, had an organizing meeting this week. We have a number of exciting meetups planned for this year, and we want to make sure you are all a part of it.
A few things for you to know:
- We're changing the format of the monthly meetups. Each meetup will have three parts:
- Short WordPress Basics presentation (15-20 minutes)
- Site Showcase by a member (5 minutes)
- More Advanced WordPress presentation (30-45 minutes).
We'll continue to have time at the end of the meetup for people to meet, network, get answers to questions.
- We're seeking members to present their sites for the Site Showcase as well as for the basics and advanced presentations.
If you would like to present, know someone you think would provide a great presentation for our group, or have another idea in mind, give us a shout and let us know!
- Beginning with the January 2014 meetup event, there will be a $5.00 registration fee for each event, payable when registering online.
The fees will be used for, among other things, to cover costs for using the online Meetup site, venues, refreshments, and other administrative items.
Eric, Cam, and I want to get more of our members involved with the meetups and want to encourage you to get to know each other.
Expect more info about the January 2014 meetup soon!
Cam Cecchini, Eric Malcolm, Deborah Edwards-Onoro
Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Organizers