Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › WordCamp Detroit 2012: October 6, 2012

WordCamp Detroit 2012: October 6, 2012

Deborah Edwards-On...
user 11526574
Group Organizer
Canton, MI
Post #: 26
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Come join us for the third WordCamp Detroit on October 6!

WordCamp Detroit in 2011 brought together 200 people from Michigan and from around the country for two days of WordPress goodness for users, designers, and developers.

In 2012, we've changed things up a bit, offering a one-day event at the M@dison in downtown Detroit. This year's WordCamp Detroit has 14 speakers over two tracks of sessions, one track for developers, one for users.

Your $20 ticket includes:

• your choice of 14 sessions
  • two breakout rooms for users and developers to chat
  • t-shirt
  • lunch
  • exclusive rooftop after-party

Badges go to the printer Monday, October 6, so if you’d like your official WordCamp Detroit badge to have your name on it, register for WordCamp Detroit before Monday.

Questions? Contact either TJ List or me, Deborah Edwards-Onoro.
Deborah Edwards-On...
user 11526574
Group Organizer
Canton, MI
Post #: 27
Oops, my mistake. Badges are expected to go to the printer Monday, October 1.
Gerhard Weiss
GerhardWeiss
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 7
This sounds like a pretty interesting event. I am a little disappointed that I just learned about it a few days after the event.

How was this years WordCamp Detroit 2012?

How many of you ended up going?

What was some of the things did you liked (or wish they would do different next year)?
Deborah Edwards-On...
user 11526574
Group Organizer
Canton, MI
Post #: 28
Hi Gerhard,

Whoa, sorry you missed WordCamp Detroit 2012. We announced it on this discussion forum, and at our last three meetups. It was also announced via Twitter and Facebook accounts.

It was a great WordCamp Detroit with a lot of new people attending with two tracks so users and developers could easily attend the sessions geared for them. TJ and I were on the planning committee for the event; hopefully others who are in this Meetup group will share their thoughts on the event.

Suggestion: Check that your Meetup account is set up to receive discussion group messages when they are posted.