align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › Image Display in Post Feed Issue

Image Display in Post Feed Issue

A former member
Post #: 6
Apologies if this is an elementary question. When viewing my own posts in a reader, such as Feedly, my post image does not show up as a thumbnail in the listing of posts. The image also does not show up when I open the post to view the initial brief clip. I’m only able to see post images when I click through to the actual post on my site. How can I make my post images show in a reader’s listing/clip/etc? I am able to see images from most other blogs, so I know the issue is not a setting within my reader.

I’m using WP3.5 with the Coraline V1.3 theme. Posts are built within WP and JPG images are inserted using the Add Media tool. I tried tagging an image as a Featured Image, but this did not help. The blog is located at www.energymanagementinsider.com .

Thanks, in advance, for any advice you can give.
TJ L.
TJList
Clarkston, MI
Post #: 14
Hi Bill,

Great question. I had not heard of Feedly before your question. Your feed shows up fine in Google Reader, but it has trouble both in the Feedly Chrome browser extension and running on my phone.

I suggest you install this plugin on your site (http://wordpress.org/...­, then look at your main Dashboard page for the info. It will flag any error messages or warnings. That might give you some clues about how to fix it.

TJ