add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › Accessible themes

Accessible themes

A former member
Post #: 1
There is a move afoot to create more accessible (per Section 508, ADA, WCAG, etc) free themes for Wordpress. Right now, there are just groups establishing themselves in various cities to create themes. I'm wondering if there is interest in a metro Detroit group. I am willing to coordinate, but I am an accessibility person, not a skilled Wordpress person. Please respond if you might be interested.

By the way, right now there are only 4 free themes in the Wordpress directory tagged as accessible. There may be more, but we have no good way to find them. If you know of any, please let us know!

For more information, see http://accessiblejoe....­.
Deborah E.
user 11526574
Canton, MI
Post #: 59
Hi Lynne,

Joe did contact me about creating an accessible Detroit WordPress theme. I brought it up at our meetup group last fall, and thought I posted info about it on Meetup, but didn't find anyone interested in pursuing it. I also know several of the people creating themes in the other cities.

Are you involved with web accessibility at your work? Might be easiest to talk more about this on email or on the phone. Can you send me an email message?