Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › Possible future presentation topics

Possible future presentation topics

Jim L.
econproph
Dearborn, MI
Post #: 3
Cam, Eric, and Deborah, a reminder that I'm willing to do some presentations. Besides the "how to connect to AWS" I did last September, I can think of a few topics I could do easily that might be of interest:

• Comparison of the .com vs. self-hosted: Pros- Cons, what to expect from each, how to choose, when to pick each one and when not to. (suitable for more newbie audiences)
  • Intro to Multi-Site: use cases for when it makes sense (including some examples) and when it doesn't. Overview of how it works and how to get started (It's actually pretty easy)
  • Adding / Embedding Presentations in your posts & pages, regardless of whether you are using .com or self-hosted. (There have been a bunch of recent improvements that make this pretty easy. ) - suitable for both newbie and advanced

I'll be at March mtg, but I am not available for the April meeting (assuming it's on 4/13). I am available right now for May and beyond.
Deborah E.
user 11526574
Group Organizer
Canton, MI
Post #: 94
Thanks Jim for offering to speak. We're planning for April through June meetups soon. For the multisite talk, I can add my experience (I helped set up multisite at the college.)

We need to check the Tigers schedule to make sure we don't have our Metro Detroit meetups on their home games.