Metro Detroit WordPress Meetup Message Board › Let's talk about April meetup plans

Let's talk about April meetup plans

Naoko T.
naokomc
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 2
Hi All,

I guess I never officially said this, but thanks for coming to our 1st meetup on March!
We also have more members signed up after then - I'm really happy to see the group growing already.

I'm currently in Japan, getting ready for WordCamp Tokyo (& WordPress party in Osaka).
I'll be back in MI on April 14th. I'm looking forward to having another meetup after that.

Date:
How about Monday again - 20th or 27th?

Format:
I'm thinking about starting it out with a few mini-presentations. If you are only interested in meeting & talking to others, you can come in later.

Topics:
Anyone interested in presenting your tips and thoughts for 5-10 minutes?
Any specific topic you want to hear?

I need your feedback! What I wrote above is just a starting point. If you have better ideas, that's great too.
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Naoko,
I'm working to bring grammar, style, and better spellchecking to Wordpress. I can give a demo on how it works. I'm building a business on this technology and always like getting face to face feedback.

If the meeting space has wireless then I'm good to go. If they are ok with us projecting on a wall, I have a projector I can bring too.

-- Raphael
Hubert Sawyers I.
user 9233250
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
I would really like to attend this, but Mondays are bad for me until Mid-May.

I will still tell my friends to attend as we were planning to hold our own "blog parties" in the near future. This group would do just fine for them. There is a solid group of people thirsty for education on how to set up their blogs properly and how to utilize the tools available to make their websites ooze with Google Juice.

If you can do it on a weekend afternoon, then I may be able to come through and even present.

Kudos on starting this up! I hope to make it out to one sooner than later.
Tim A.
user 8346292
Ferndale, MI
Post #: 1
I'm noticing we are having an issue with clients in showing them how to use wordpress from a client/user side. Maybe we could talk a little about the tips and tricks how to use WP in this light. I have also sensed some people interested in WP strictly from the blogging and data entry side rather than the design.
Naoko T.
naokomc
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 3
Raphael,
Sorry for late reply - it's been hectic.
Your demo sounds great! Do you think you can come on April 27th? (Your location is in NY - is this current?)
The place we are having April meetup will have Wifi & projector screen. Please bring your projector.

---

Hubert,
Monday worked out pretty good last time, so I think I'm going to stick to this format for now... sorry it's not convenient for you at the moment. Are you interested in mini-meetup or even drinkup on a weekend? We are not limited to one meetup per month, so why not?
I'm eager to meet with you to hear about your blog party ideas.

---

Tim,
Many thanks for getting the place reserved! I agree, using WordPress (as an admin or post author) is something we all want to be better at, so discussion/presentation on this topic would be great.

---

For April meetup, I'm thinking about an agenda like this if Raphael can present.

6:00-6:30 meet & greet
6:30-7:15 Raphael's demo
7:15-8:00 Discussion - Tips & Trips on how to use WordPress (lead by Tim?)
8:00-later Q&A (to each other; e.g. specific dev problems, general WordPress questions...)

Thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 8
Hi Naoko,
I'm in Clawson, MI now and will have to update my profile to reflect this. I'll be there on 27 Apr 09.

-- Raphael
Naoko T.
naokomc
Tokyo, JP
Post #: 4
great! see you @ AJ's on 27th. Looking forward to meeting you.