addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Des Moines Metro Knitters Message Board Des Moines Metro Knitters Discussion Forum › Calling all Knitters - Click & Knit in for Babies - Saturday, August 25 - Bl

Calling all Knitters - Click & Knit in for Babies - Saturday, August 25 - Blank Children's Hospital

Cherann D.
The popular program to raise awareness and help new parents avoid shaken baby syndrome is accepting special purple hats for babies:  Click for Babies.org

And Blank Children's Hospital is hosting a knit in Saturday, August 25 from 9 a.m. - noon in their lobby.  It's a great way to make special purple hats for this cause and enjoy free treats, too.

Can't attend?  Blank is collecting and sharing patterns for purple hats for newborns through October 26 and distributed to new parents in November.

A big thanks to our friend Mel for sharing this info!

(P.S. this will be my last DMMK email this week - I promise!!)

Jean
user 2550088
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 54
I attended the Knit-In at Blank and there were about thirty knitters there for most of the morning.

The coordinator is planning several more and I'm on her email list. I'll post something when it comes out.

If you have predominately purple infant hats to donate, you can take them anytime to the Blank Hospital Administration office, just inside the very colorful front entrance to the Children's Hospital.

Jean
Courtney
QRTNE
Bondurant, IA
Post #: 200
I was there as well!!!! Hello, all...my name is Courtney and I am new to the group. I was also at the event at Methodist and just received an email from the coordinator that they are having another "Knit In" on Saturday, October 20 from 9:00 - noon. Sounds like they will have the same set up as last time.

I'm planning on attending and hope to meet some of you there!