Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 309
Plan now to Attend "Cria Fest 2010"

November 6, 10 am - 3:30 pm

Back by popular demand is "Cria Fest". Your chance to get hands-on with the softness of alpaca! Bosley, always the leading man, will again star in this years event!

You will quickly fall for "Buxton", Bosley's newest son who is quite the charmer!

EVENT SCHEDULE:
10 am Arrive at Yarn Shop - Get Schedules

10 am-3:30pm Alpaca Ranch Tours, Lunch, Fiber Activities
(To assure a good experience, participants will be
split into groups to move through activities, ranch tour
and lunch (on own).

Activities will include:
Needle Felt an ornament or magnet (Make & Take)
Weave a "Mug Rug" (Make & Take)
Introduction to dyeing - dye sample skeins (Make & Take)
BIG needle knitting (Community Sample)
Weavettes - weave a bookmark (Make & Take)
Help us Assemble our "knitters Nook" Puzzle

NOTE: All instruction & materials for activities are FREE!
(However. if you could bring an unwanted skein of yarn for the big knitting activity it would be much appreciated. This can be a skein from the very bottom of your stash!)

TO PARTICIPATE IN CRIA FEST:
1. RSVP by clicking here & signing up.
2. PLEASE RSVP so Sherri can plan for the activities.

[DON'T FORGET TO RSVP ON THE MEETUP CALENDAR SO THAT WE CAN ARRANGE CARPOOLS!)

Once again the Velcro Boys will be bringing you some great coupons - coupons will be given out at time of arrival. In store stock only and must be purchased on day of Cria Fest 2010
Erin D.
erindraeger
Pella, IA
Post #: 9
Is it possible to attend Cria Fest w/ Husband & Kids in tow to experience the alpacas and Hollywood Hills shop even if that means I cannot participate in the knitting events (since I would not be able to bring Hubby & Kids to that)?

A former member
Post #: 10
I'm sure you (and family) would be most welcome!!! The alpacas are just awesome, even to kids and husbands! I would assume if you got there at the start, you could go in the first group to the farm, and then leave whenever after you needed/wanted to, though there will be a kids activity at the shop, and I imagine your husband could find something on the square to occupy an hour or two of his time so you could try a craft or two :)
Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 312
Is it possible to attend Cria Fest w/ Husband & Kids in tow to experience the alpacas and Hollywood Hills shop even if that means I cannot participate in the knitting events (since I would not be able to bring Hubby & Kids to that)?

Erin, if you decide to go only to the ranch portion, Sherri tells me you should plan to go to the ranch with the morning group, but still check in at the shop first. But as Colleen says, depending on the ages and interests of the kids, they should be able to participate in the shop activities. I'm sure Hubby can find other ways to fill the time -- or he could always join in the fun!
Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 314
There is still time to sign up for Cria Fest. If you plan to go and have not yet RSVP'd, please do so both on Meetup­ and Hollywood Hills Boutique.

Also, please indicate whether you (1) are willing to drive or (2) need a ride. if you have already RSVP'd on Meetup, please edit your RSVP to indicate this) So far we have 3 who have volunteered to drive and that should be enough but if more people want to go (and I encourage you to go because it's lots of fun!), we'll need more drivers. The main carpool meeting place will be the north end (by the bank) of the Hy-Vee parking lot on Fleur. Indianola people have made their own arrangements. If you are riding, please bring $5 to give to the driver of your carpool car to help pay for gas for the roughly 150 mile round trip (including the drive to the ranch).

By the way, Sherri tells me that a new baby was born just this week and it's a girl!

[This message was also sent to all members via e-mail.]
Michele H.
user 8859971
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 2
I'll need a ride to Cria fest... i didn't see where to make comments... and i printed off a ticket! So excited! My first Cria Fest!!! YEAH!
Tamara S
iowaknitter
Group Organizer
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 318
Great time was had by all. Photos are up. I apologize for the quality of some--I forgot to change the settings for the outside pictures and some of the inside ones. Oops. I'm sure Sara has better ones to share.
Sara
sarajbc
Johnston, IA
Post #: 108
Yesterday at Cria Fest was a lovely day! Many thanks to Sherri & Bill for sharing their shop & farm with us!

Here are the pictures I took yesterday.

Thanks to everyone who went - it was so much fun!
Diane J
LadiDi48
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 38
Amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing, you two.
Marjon
user 7386804
Norwalk, IA
Post #: 14
A big thank you to Sara, Tamara, and Janis for the great pictures! That little baby girl is just sooo precious! Sweet pics in the store, too.

All in all it was a great day and the kids and I had a fantastic time. They could not stop talking about it and are ready to go back!

Marjon