Event Schedule Sunrise - Park Opens 8 am – Please arrive no later to:
- Offload paddlecraft at beach
- Park your car in adjacent lot
- Pre-Registrants: sign in, pickup race number or tour number, goody bag and t-shirt
- New Registrants: fill out entry form or bring completed form, make payment (check, cash or credit card), pickup race number or tour number, goody bag, and t-shirt
- Rentals: Claim your rental paddle craft at designated beach area after you have signed in a pre-registration table, where you will be handed a number corresponding to a numbered Kayak or SUP in the Rental Pickup area on the Beach.
- Affix race / tour numbers to paddle craft or person, as directed.
- Listen for race / tour information & instructions
- Silent Auction opens
- Enjoy breakfast!
– Opening Remarks & Prayer by event Founder Dr. Muinos Safety & Course Instructions by David Fernandez
– Prepare your paddle craft for launch. 12-Mile RACE participants paddle to starting line, followed by 6-mile, followed by 3-mile, followed by TOUR participants. Listen for instructions please.
– 12-mile RACE starts
– 6-mile RACE starts
– 3-mile RACE starts
– TOUR (self-guided) begins
11:00 am -
– Remarks/Sponsor recognition by event founder Dr. Muinos
Cystic Fibrosis Research Update by CFF Representative
– Silent Auction ends / Winners claim items & make payment
– All Rental paddle craft & gear must be returned and checked in
– Event Ends
Calling All Paddlers
The 14th Annual Miami Paddle Challenge (formerly the Miami Kayak Challenge) is expected to be the biggest and best paddling event in South Florida!
All paddle craft are welcome, including: Kayaks, Surfskis, SUP, Prone Paddleboards, Outriggers, Sculls, Canoes, Dories, Dragon Boats and anything else you can paddle!
There will be three competitive race courses to choose from: 3-mile, 6-mile, or the super challenging 12-mile race course; fun sprints and fun team relays.
For the casual paddler, there is a recreational self-guided tour of the shoreline and canals alongside and in back of some of South Florida's priciest real estate!
NON-RACERS are FREE but you must register to attend. Please come out to support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in its fight against this terrible disease. 90% of all donations to CFF go directly back into the programs.
Sponsorship Opportunities are available for this event. If you would to help CFF please contact me at [masked]
Registration opens soon. Please RSVP now and I will let you know as soon as the registration opens. http://www.miamipaddlechallenge.com/register/
Miami-Dade County's Matheson Hammock Park off Old Cutler Road in Coral Gables is the magnificent start & finish for this year's Miami Paddle Challenge, where paddlers will be treated to breakfast, lunch, a quick introduction to kayaking and paddleboarding for beginners, a silent auction, goody bags and awards for all classes of competitors in the race categories.