We program, frequently in Ruby! Come if you are interested in programming computers.
If you’re from a background which isn’t well-represented in most geeky meetups, come along – we want to make a difference.
If you’re from a background which is well-represented in most geeky meetups, come along – we want your help making a difference.
If you’re worried about not being computer enough, come.
If you think you’re an imposter, come.
If your day job isn’t code, come.
This isn’t a group of experts, just people.
We are interested in the social and technical problems.
This is a support group. No-one knows what they are doing.
A code of conduct applies at Miami Ruby Brigade meetings.
- We want to be inclusive; do not engage in homophobic, racist, transphobic, ableist, sexist, or otherwise exclusionary behavior. Don’t make exclusionary jokes. Don’t even make them "ironically".
- Don’t harass people. Unconsented physical contact or sexual attention is harrassment. Dressing or acting in a certain way is not consent.
- Aggression and elitism are unwelcome here — computering is not a competition.
- Although we frequently meet in a pub, there is no expectation or pressure to drink alcohol. Don’t question anyone’s choice of drink.
- We’d rather you ask about gender than assume, and if you get it wrong, apologise, and use what they prefer.
- We think feminism is a good thing. Discussion of how to make computer more inclusive is welcome. Claims that this "has gone too far" aren’t.