|Sent on:||Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:17 PM|
Hi everyone. Toofan, the original organizer had to step down due to other commitments and I offered to take over the organizing duties. I'm looking forward to getting this group going and meeting everyone.
My idea for this group is to get together people who are into various kinds of middle eastern music - Arabic, Persian, Jewish, Turkish, Kurdish, ...- and all the activities related to it - dinners, parties, concerts, jam sessions, .... There are a lot of performances, clubs, and restaurants around the Bay Area, so I hope we can take advantage.
I like music from all over the middle east and really enjoy discovering new music or local hotspots. I play music (santur / dulcimer), so I'd also be interested to meet other musicians and play together. I'd say my interest is slightly tilted towards mellower events (concerts/dinners/get togethers), but I like to party/go to clubs once in a while too.
I'd specially welcome anyone who is willing to serve as co-organizer of the meetup. The more the better!
To start, I'd appreciate it if you could reply to this email by March 3rd with the following information:
1) Give some examples of your favorite middle eastern music (songs / musicians)?
2) What kind of activities are you most interested in?
- Dinner outings (e.g. meeting for dinner with live music, belly dancing, ...)
- Clubs / parties with middle-eastern music (e.g. Aykut events)
- Getting together to play music/sing, or just hang out and listen to others
- Other suggestions
3) Do you play an instrument or sing?
4) Any suggestions for our first event?
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Hooman ([address removed]) from The San Francisco Middle Eastern Music Meetup Group.
To learn more about Hooman, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup.com Customer Service: [address removed]
632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA