addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The San Francisco Middle Eastern Music Meetup Group Message Board › FYI Beginning Middle Eastern Drumming Classes with Tim Bolling in Oakland

FYI Beginning Middle Eastern Drumming Classes with Tim Bolling in Oakland

Farah Jahan Siddiq...
FafaB
Union City, CA
Post #: 76
Salaam!

FYI: I thought some of you may be interested in this. My friend, Time Bolling, is starting up a beginning Middle Eastern Drumming class in Oakland. Tim is hoping to start his new classes this month so if you're interested, contact him via his website below. Here is Tim's class information:

"I’m starting two weekly classes in beginning Middle Eastern percussion, focusing on the doumbec/darabukka. Classes will be on Monday and Thursday nights, 7:30-8:30pm, in my Oakland studio. You’ll learn proper technique & rhythms; how to play musically, improvise, and play for dancers; and how to “feel,” count, and notate music. Please contact me if you’re interested! Classes are $80 per month and once a week. Full tuition is due before or on the first class of the month."

Tim Bolling is a percussionist and drum set player skilled in diverse musical styles from around the world and the U.S. He is known as a “dancer’s drummer,” and has played for top belly dancers for over 15 years; and enjoys teaching music and drumming workshops for dancers, as well as playing for dance classes.

Tim has studied with Mary Ellen Donald, Glen Velez, Susu Pampanin, and Reda Darwish. He has played with Solace, RebbeSoul, Tim Rayborn, and Suhaila Salimpour’s Bal Anat; and currently plays with Light Rain, Pangia, Al’Azifoon, and Flowers of the Nile. He tours the western US with David Correa and Cascada.

For more info, please visit www.TimBolling.com