milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Vegan Dog Food

Vegan Dog Food

Lisa
user 12849345
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
Is anyone aware of a vegan dog food that is on the market that does not contain either corn or carrots? (my dog is allergic to both of these ingredients). Has anyone switched their pets to vegan food and if so, how do you like it.
Sarah
user 12560016
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Hi there,

I would definitely recommend checking out Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula (it's actually vegan). It has no corn or carrots. I know they sell it at Pet Supplies Plus.

Here's a link to the Natural Balance site if you want to check it out:

http://www.naturalbal...­
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm having a really hard time switching my dog over. She is also in need of a little weight gain, and she lost weight on the Natural Balance. The past month or so, I've just cooked her her own food, but I'd like to get her a kibble again. If there are any other suggestions other than the Natural Balance, that would be wonderful!
Lisa
user 12849345
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
Thanks for the information on the Natural Balance Formula. I will most certainly be checking it out. If anyone has other suggestions that would be great. Other than the weight issues, did you find that your dog had any other issues such as digestive problems or nutritional issues? I would love to be able to talk to my dog's vet about alternative foods, but I am unsure how receptive he would be to the idea of me feeding my dog a meat free diet.
Sarah
user 12560016
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Yeah most vets get kind of snarky about it. Whatever. They simply weren't trained that vegan diets can be extremely healthy.

The Natural Balance veg formula is especially suited for dogs with allergies. My dog has no adverse reactions to it at all :)
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 32
my dog (unfortunately) hates natural balance, so we've experimented with several other kibbles: evolution, ami, nature's recipe, and v-dog. she's eaten evolution the longest overall, but right now she seems to like v-dog the best. i'm not sure if any of those on the list are corn- and soy-free, though.