milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Free Film Screening!!

Free Film Screening!!

Kim
furisbad
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 3
Please join Citizens United for Animals for our monthly film screening at Bay View Library. These screenings are free and open to the public. We will provide a wide range of informative and/or entertaining film selections that deal with animals and how they are viewed and treated in our society.

The purpose of the screenings is to bring attention to the systematic abuse of animals, both globally and locally, and the alarming extent of the problem. It is CUFA?s hope that those so enlightened will feel compelled to take a greater interest in the welfare of all creatures on this planet, work for improved lives for all species, and forgo those practices and possessions which necessitate the suffering and killing of defenseless animals.

Light vegan snacks will be served.

Where: Bay View Library, 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53207
When: September 22nd 2-4:00 pm

Film: A Cow At My Table

A Cow at My Table explores Western attitudes towards farmed animals and meat, and the intense battle between animal advocates and the meat industry to influence the consumer's mind. Five years in production took Director Jennifer Abbott across Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand to meet with the leaders of the animal rights movement, animal welfare advocates as well as spokespeople from livestock industries. A Cow at My Table intercuts these diverse perspectives with archival films, images from modern-day agribusiness and footage of farm animals shot from uncharacteristic vantage points.

FEATURING: Carol J. Adams, Jeannette Armstrong, Gene Bauston, Karen Davis, Ian Duncan, Susan Kitchen, Howard Lyman, Jim Mason, Tom Regan, Joy Ripley, Susan Schafers, Vandana Shiva & Peter Singer

A Cow at My Table has won or been nominated for 11 awards.