milwaukee vegan meetup Message Board › Anyone interested in a dog park meetup?

Anyone interested in a dog park meetup?

A former member
Post #: 1
Mike and I were wondering if any of you would be interested in having a meetup at Muttland Meadows in Grafton. If would be at a different time of the month than the lunch meetup, of course. Here's their site if you don't know about the park and want to take a look. We've been there several times and adore the place, so we thought it would be nice to get together with other vegans and their dogs. Even if you don't have a dog, you could come along to socialize & watch the dogs. It's good times!

We can make it to the meetup on Saturday, so we'll bring it up there, too, but I wanted to throw it out there for those of you who can't make it then.
A former member
Post #: 3
Yes, Molly, I would be interested in meeting at the Grafton dog park. I haven't yet been to that one, but have been to the one off Port Washington Rd (Katherine Kearney Carpenter park, I think it's called?) Were you thinking of a weekend morning? That's usually when I go, but I could do weekend afternoons, too. Will you be at meet-up at Hector's tomorrow?
Let's plan something! Anyone else???? Inga
Matt
user 3612558
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 2
I would be interested too, at least after April when I finally move to Waukesha. There are a few dog parks in Waukesha that we could also meet at.
A former member
Post #: 7
I didn't know about dog parks in Waukesha. That sounds great, too. Sorry neither of you made it to Hector's--very accomodating chef, and excellent food! (Margarita's were yummy too!) Let's do the dog park thing soon. If anyone wants to e-mail me directly about setting up a day, feel free. Unfortunately, looks like we may have to wait until "mud season" (early Spring) passes....Inga
Lynn
user 5231052
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 2
Hi!
This sounds like a great idea. I would be interested when the weather gets a bit warmer. One of our dogs is 12 pounds and she pouts when I make her wear her 4 legged snow suit - I think she is embarrassed LOL ;)
Matt
user 3612558
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 3
Minooka Park in Waukesha (just south of Brookfield) has a great dog park. Actually there are two, one for small dogs (~16" and smaller) and one for all dogs. Lots of running, sniffing and playing room.

Anyone interesting in meeting up there sometime? We could picnic in my backyard and convoy to the park (only about 10 minutes away).

http://www.waukeshaco...­
A former member
Post #: 11
Hi Matt,

I would be interested in checking out a new dog park (the one you mentioned near Waukesha). Anyone else??? I like the idea of a picnic first, then convoy to park. Otherwise late morning Sundays works for me, too (I work Sat. am's)
lindsay
lindsayt21
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 13
is minooka park fully fenced? maia can't be off-lead anywhere unless it's totally enclosed. if it is, you might be able to tempt me!
Matt
user 3612558
Waukesha, WI
Post #: 8
Yes, both the large and small dog areas are fully fenced in. They also have a gate system to prevent inadvertent escapes when someone enters/leaves. I try to go every weekend, if anyone wants to MEETUP let me know ;)